[rrd-users] Optimize RRD update

Gwenael Lahay gwenael.lahay at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 5 13:31:35 CET 2008

Hi,

I have an another (last) question.

When i use a xff of 0.8 for the frequency 5 minutes, the rrdtool does not
calculate correctly the average if the there is only one value.

For example, if i have the values : 4 Nan Nan Nan Nan
The stored value for 5 minutes is 4 (4/1) instead of 4/5.

Is it normal and is there a solution ?

Sam had talk about a solution to "collect and batch several RRD updates to
run at once" but i do not find the information in the archive list. Could
you indicate me the method.

Thanks