[rrd-users] Timegraph

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Feb 13 12:44:13 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:19:11PM +0100, Bjoern Richter wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> is it possible to generate a Timegraph like the second one out of the
> first one. To generate the first graph is easy but the second one gives
> me headaces.
> I hope that can help me out with this.

You are showing three graphs, not two.  I understand that you consider
the last two to be just one graph, but rrdtool will disagree.

As far as I know:

You cannot create two graphs and have vertical lines between them.
But you can line up those lines and the images so that they almost
appear to be connected.

The labels on the Y-axis of the 2nd graph will show up slightly
different but will be possible (without "ms" after each number).

The labels on the Y-axis of the 3rd graph will not be possible.
The lowest value will be at the bottom, not the top. You can
reverse the values on the axis, or you can have negative values.

The labels on the X-axis can show "month year", not "month<NL>year".

All graph features except those two red dots will be possible.

Of course you still need data which results in those graphs. I cannot
tell from your example image if that will be possible or not.

If you need to show more images, you may want to consider inserting
a hyperlink to a webpage instead of attaching an image.

HTH
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/