[rrd-users] Conception problem on a rrd database

Carsten Aulbert carsten at welcomes-you.com
Mon Feb 18 14:20:38 CET 2008

Hi again,

Gwenael Lahay wrote:
> My hard drive could no manipulate so much files at the same time.
> Consequently, i have performance problems to write and read data.

Then I would like to encourage you to use a different file system. If
you are running Linux, try not to use ext3 but for example xfs. If you
happen to run Windows I guess you are using NTFS anyway, right? Here I
have no idea how to improve the speed.

For my part I have a file server here with about half a million files in
a single directory. It's not fast, but also not too slow.

HTH
Carsten