[rrd-users] Conception problem on a rrd database

Gwenael Lahay gwenael.lahay at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 18 17:50:04 CET 2008

Unfortunately, i run rrdtool 1.0.41 on FreeBsd 4.9.
As the program which generate the data is compiled for this version of
FreeBsd (fprobe), it is difficult for me to change of rrdtool version.

Do you really think that using a recent version of rrdtool will improve the
performance ?
For the moment, the program takes around 6 minutes to write the data. I need
to write the data in less than 2 minutes :(
A collegue had told me that MySql Merge tables could be a solution for my
problem.

Thanks