[rrd-users] RRD suddenly empty

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Jan 4 14:58:09 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 11:40:37AM +0100, Sandro Roth wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I have been using rrdtool a long time now on several linux boxes.
> And since I have some more Solaris machines around I want to monitor those
> too with a couple of rrd scripts.
>
> I installed rrdtool with a Blastwave package, version 1.2.19
>
> One of these scripts is for load average, and it's been working fine since I
> created it, but it looks like the database is updated with values of 0
> lately?

Don't guess.  Most likely you guess wrong.

There are several tools you should use to investigate the real
cause of the problem:

rrdtool last
rrdtool fetch
rrdtool dump

and last but not least you should (at least temporarily) write
your update command to a log file for future analysis. It wouldn't
be a first if '$LOAD' does not contain what you think it does.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/