[rrd-users] rrdtool & performance: Advise on rrd file size and maximum number of rows

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed Jan 23 11:43:00 CET 2008

Hi Cyrille,

note that the number of rows in an rrd has virtually no performance
impact ... the number of individual rrd files is what will create a
(performance) problem once the server memory is to small to cache
the active rrd data blocks ... this will kick in at the few 10k
rrd files with any decent (~2GB memory) server.

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902