[rrd-users] Newbie question

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed Jan 23 22:20:16 CET 2008

Dan,

also note that a 'rrdtool' day is always measured in GMT, if you
want a 'local' day you must make sure you have a 3600 step since
hours match between GMT and your local timezone.

Also note that your 'logins' per day count is of type 'ABSOLUTE'
not 'GAUGE'

to get the 'right' number out again, you have to multiply the
output with 86400 since rrdtool deals with
rates and not absolute number. for the rest, I can only underscore
what /andy just told you ...

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902