[rrd-users] rrds on ext2 partition?

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Tue Jul 8 01:52:58 CEST 2008

Hi nate:

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 4:44 PM, nate <rrdtool at aphroland.org> wrote:

> Any way you can reduce the amount of RRD files by consolidating data
> points into fewer files? My main system has about 19 data points per
> file. 6878 data points in 369 files updated once a minute(running cacti).
> Some files have only 2 data points, others have as many as 32.

That is one option.  However I'm not sure about the implications.  See
the following open thread in ganglia-developers:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04205.html

Perhaps this is something we need to do some research on and get a
better understanding.

Thanks,

Bernard