[rrd-users] Usage Data

nate rrdtool at aphroland.org
Wed Jul 9 23:40:50 CEST 2008

Michael Di Martino wrote:

> I have RTG install and I am having trouble poling snmp v1 devices.
> Do you know how to you get RTG to pol v2c and v1 devices?

My RTG is polling SNMP v1 exclusively. I tried polling SNMP v2c
but I didn't see any difference in the output for the devices I
am monitoring. I also was not able to poll any 64-bit counters
either.

I suspect what you might need to do is have two separate RTG
installations, since the SNMP version seems to be defined in
the common configuration file. One install for SNMPv1 and
the other for SNMPv2.

nate