[rrd-users] outputting lines and legends in order of weighting

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Jul 11 03:04:10 CEST 2008

I'm plotting (among other things), the time offset between
the local clock and several ntpd peers. For each peer I plot
the jitter as a band of light color (say light red) with the
actual time offset as a line (say dark red) in the middle of
the band.

Since some of the ntp peers are of different stratums
(strata?), I plot the data with the least accuracy first,
allowing the most accurate data (and jitter bands) to
overwrite the least accurate data.

All fine so far.

However when I plot the boxes in the legend with the colors
and value of offset for each ntp peer with the lowest
priority lines being written first, the lowest priority peer
is written out in the legend first. Is there a way to write
out the highest priority legend (and its color) first?

I'm happy to do some fakery, eg make two passes at writing
out the data (eg one for the lines in one order and another
for the legend in the other order), but I can't figure how
to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Joe