[rrd-users] Compiling RRDtool 1.3.0 with MSVC6.0

Joe Kane jkane at mail.com
Wed Jul 23 01:22:08 CEST 2008

I'm still struggling to get RDDp pipe ->RDDtool
/Perl5.8/Windows XP working. Since I'm not entirely confident the
binary/dependencies are ok. I decided to try to compile 1.3.0 under
MSVC6.0. Has anyone out there has tried this yet? I am not versed in the
various auto build.config tools and scripts that many of you are probably
using.  After getting GNUWIN32 and GTK+ binaries for glib, pango, cairo,
etc, and lots of custom work on  config.h and some substraintial edits to
the last distribution rrdtool msvc6.0 workspace/proejct files, I am down
to a few linker errors (but then thats always the way). MSVC6.0 does not
like the "inline" directives used with  the newer rdd_write, rdd_flush,
rdd_read, and rdd_tell calls.  MSVC6.0 equates "inline" with C++, and so
it throws errors.  Replacing inline with "__inline" (which in MSVC6 is
defined for C and C++) gets past this and compiles OK.  I don't know if
that can be cleanly #ifdef-ed or not. However, the Linker throws errors
on these same calls:error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _rrd_writeerror
LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _rrd_readerror LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol _rrd_fetcherror LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_rrd_tell I'm not sure if thats directly related, I did set the "allow
__inline" compiler directive.   or if there's just a reference issue.
I did get a little lost in the rrd_write, rdd_read declares in rdd.h,
which are 'OBSOLETED' and the HAVE_MMAP conditional defines for
__rrd_read in rrd_open Can anyone advise?

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com