[rrd-users] How do I move my rrds to my new MRTG system.

Matthias.Merk at arz.at Matthias.Merk at arz.at
Mon Jul 28 16:12:18 CEST 2008

"Mersberger, Robert" <robert.mersberger at goldenliving.com> schrieb am
28.07.2008 15:36:36:

>  Yes, one machine is i686 the other x86_64. I will look deeper into
> rrdtools to get this done. Are you aware of how I can do this, (dump
> and restore) in bulk rather that one rrd at a time?
>
> Thanks for responding.

I dont know if rrdtool has a option for doing it recursivly,
but something like this should do it if the filenames stay the same:

for i in *.rrd; do rrdtool dump $i > `basename $i .rrd`.xml; done
for i in *.xml; do rrdtool restore $i `basename $i .xml`.rrd;done

or use find if you have RRDs in subdirecties:
find . -name *.rrd -exec rrdtool dump {} >`basename {} .rrd`.xml \;

i didn't try these though ;)

HTH
Disclaimer:
Diese Nachricht dient ausschließlich zu Informationszwecken und ist nur
für den Gebrauch des angesprochenen Adressaten bestimmt.

This message is only for informational purposes and is intended solely for
the use of the addressee.