[rrd-users] LAST of CDEF that converts NaN to 0 always 0

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed Jun 4 18:33:40 CEST 2008

Hi Matthew,

there is a 'bug' in rrdtool graph, where it fetches one 'step' more
data than is visible in the graph. This data is often 'nan'.

The LAST vdef shows you the last non NAN value. In normal operation
this works fine, but if you first convert all NAN values to 0, LAST
will show you zero since the last fetched value which was NAN was
turned into zero.

anyway, I have fixed this problem in svn, in the next release of
1.2.x as well as 1.3.0 it is fixed, so that even when you turn nan
to zero, you will get the last value visible on the graph.

see http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/changeset/1386

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902