[rrd-users] Python-RRDtool

Marius Rugan mariusrugan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:57:35 CEST 2008

Hi Emily,

Please let us know what you are trying to achieve and how your code snippet
looks like.

On the error:
obviously, the script cannot find the rrd database file.
I would suggest that you play around with rrdtool in its binary form, e.g.
rrdtool create, rrdtool update, rrdtool graph
and than start porting the command line switches to the python script.
Copy paste code doesn't actually work unless you understand every switch's
meaning ( for example '--imgformat', 'PNG' )
and replace variables accordingly to your environment (path for example)