[rrd-users] building a huge rrd / any limitations?

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Thu Jun 12 08:56:03 CEST 2008

Hi Tobi,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 08:16:59AM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> > Tobi, btw., the patch I posted to this thread earlier could imho go into
> > the 1.4 development branch. I don't think it should be put into 1.3 as
> > it breaks the ABI (there are a couple of functions expecting off_t which
> > would then expect 8 bytes for that argument).
>
> but you were only touching rrd_cgi.c there, or did I miss something
> (it was late when I looked).

_I_ was only touching rrd_cgi.c. However, the AC_SYS_LARGEFILE macro I
added to the configure script has an effect on all files (which include
rrd_config.h in some way). E.g., it guarantees that off_t is 64 bits
wide (instead of 32 bits as usually found on 32 bits architectures) all
over the place.

Cheers,
Sebastian