[rrd-users] Returning nan values

Matthew M. Boedicker matthewm at boedicker.org
Thu Jun 19 19:45:02 CEST 2008

If your update statement is:

rrdtool.update('cpu.rrd','N:+user+:+nice+:+sys+:+idle+')

it's trying to update with the string N:+user+:+nice+:+sys+:+idle+ every time
and not putting in the actual numbers.

It should be something like:

rrdtool.update('cpu.rrd',"N:%s:%s:%s:%s" % (user, nice, sys, idle))

Are you checking for errors after update? I would think it would say something
if you are trying to update with values like "+user+".