[rrd-users] Aggregate/combine several RRDs

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 22:37:31 CEST 2008

"Raimund Berger" <raimund.berger at gmail.com> writes:

>> Creating another RRDfile isn't hard to do.  Filling it with numbers
>> isn't hard either.  The biggest challenge is to get your minimum and
>> maximum rates correct.
>
> And agreed, fetch and update via a script should not be too hard to
> accomplish.

Correction, not agreed. I forgot what I initially had in mind as being
the main obstacle to storage of computed intermediates, i.e. fetch
provoding no cdef.

While you can perform various computations on your input with graph
via cdef, I don't see a similar facility coming with fetch and/or
companions. So apparently, there's no way to stash those computed
results away in an RRD.

R.