[rrd-users] alpha channel on rrdtool PNG vs. TCPDF

Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr. douglas at trenix.com.br
Sun Jun 29 17:39:09 CEST 2008

Hello All!

I'm new on this list, and this is my first post.

Creating a System to load the graph generated in PNG format from rrdtool with
PHP 5, I was very sucefull. However, when I try to put it on a PDF utilizing
TCPDF 3.1.001 PHP class, I got a error.

TCPDF error: Alpha channel not supported: file.png

This class has a limitation from loading PNG with transparent colors, it's a
known bug not corrected yet, and this is the only format in common with
rrdtool. So, I try to remove the PNG's alpha channel by rrdtool, definning
every color with -c or in LINE/AREA/etc with the solid attribute (FF) on the
end of color. It wasn't exactly a success :-( the error continues.

Then I "googling" for PHP functions to find a way to remove the alpha channel,
I already try to detect if exists a color with imagecolortransparent(), with
another failure (it returns -1).

Going to the point! How can I generate with rrdtool 1.2.x a PNG without a
alpha channel? Or does anyone can point me the way to do this with another
software on-the-fly?

Thanks in advance

--
Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr.