[rrd-users] MAX values dependant on width of graph

Richard Burton richard at atomwide.com
Fri Mar 7 12:03:18 CET 2008

Hi all

I wonder if someone could explain this to me, either I am missing
something or I have some errors in my scripts.

It appears that when producing a graph the MAX values are not calculated
on the actual absolute maximum value in the sampled data for the given
time scale specified, but on the maximum value displayed on the graph
after the data has been aggregated to fit into the required pixel width.
As such generating the same graph twice but with different width
settings produces 2 different MAX values?

I would like to know the actual absolute MAX values for a given time
period, not the MAX values based on the data that is visible on the
graph, is this possible?

Richard