[rrd-users] RRDs::fetch() returns strange time values

Jens Rannacher mail at jens-rannacher.de
Tue Mar 18 09:13:43 CET 2008

Hello,

I use RRDs::fetch(...) to read my rrd files. Everything works fine, but
the returned "$time" and "$step" variables contain a strange time format.

The $start variable consists of 18 digits, but although it doesn't seem to
be a UNIX timestamp, the perl function localtime() can handle it.

"$start % $step" returns me the start-time as UNIX timestamp minus one
step. It's relly confusing. Perhaps someone can explain this to me?

Kind Regards,
Jens