[rrd-users] How to add a DS to an existing RRD file.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 14:15:16 CET 2008

Hi

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
>  I'd like to collect some extra data, and in order to keep things clean
>  I'd like to modify my existing RRD file and add the extra DS ...
>
>  Is there an easy way to do so?

Well, I used a script found in the contrib directory and it worked fine.

A side question, when I used rrdtool 1.27 to create the RRD file, when
trying to use the system rrdtool (on CentOS install) which is running
1.0.50 I got an error that rrdtool couldn't handle version 3 of an RRD
file.

What are the differences between the two? is it worth converting my
RRD originally created with rrdtool 1.0 to a 1.2 version?

Thanks
JY