[rrd-users] Newb to rrdtool ;-)

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Mar 25 02:37:57 CET 2008

Hi, I've been using mrtg for quite some time, but I'm trying to use rrdtool for the first time.

What I have is a service which sends me pings to my equipment, they send me a min, an avg, and a max, I would like to store the min, avg, and max, and then graph them.

I've created the rrd file with the 3 entries for min avg and max, for 900 second intervals, and I've gotten my script to automatically insert into the script, the main issue is pulling the data from the rrd via rrdtool graph.

Is there any good examples of a very simple rrdtool graph for a multi line gauge?

I just need to graph min avg and max ms.

I've gotten it to actually create the graph but there are no lines in it ;-)

Anyways, thanks!
-Drew