[rrd-users] graphv documentation

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue May 13 22:57:00 CEST 2008

Hi Richard,

in the rrdgraph.pod there is the following section

=head2 graphv

Calling rrdtool with the graphv option will return information in
the rrdtool info format. On the command line this means that all
output will be in key=value format. When used from the perl and
ruby bindings a hash pointer will be returned from the call.

When the filename '-' is given, the contents of the graph itself
will also be returned through this interface (hash key 'image'). On
the command line the output will look like this:

 print[0] = "0.020833"
 print[1] = "0.0440833"
 graph_left = 51
 graph_top = 22
 graph_width = 400
 graph_height = 100
 image_width = 481
 image_height = 154
 value_min = 0.0000000000e+00
 value_max = 4.0000000000e-02
 image = BLOB_SIZE:8196
 [... 8196 bytes of image data ...]

There is more information returned than in the standard interface.
Especially the 'graph_*' keys are new. They help applications that
want to know what is where on the graph.

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902