[rrd-users] Graphing Sparse Data

Laack,Jacob C JLaack at alegent.org
Wed May 14 17:33:23 CEST 2008

Simon-
The RRD data is compiled in 4 hour, 24 hour, 1 week, 1 month and 1 year durations.  The data is plotted about every 6 hours rather than at specific times.  That's just how nagios works.  All of my graphs for the above durations are blank.  If I force a check (manually get a data point) a couple times, I get a small pixel or two long line.  But the next day, my graphs have no dots or lines afterwards even though 2 or 3 points of data are in there somewhere.

I thought about your last paragraph...  If my checks are 6 hours apart and my shortest RRD is 4 hours, wouldn't that pretty much keep the RRD's empty most of the time?  If that is a stupid question, my goal would be to simply draw lines between the points.

I'm going to make my polling interval 2 hours and see what kind of graphs I get.  Thanks for your insight.