[rrd-users] Combine average data to one CDEF

Hans van Kilsdonk hans at vankilsdonk.nl
Wed May 21 10:59:29 CEST 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008 08:41:29 +0100
Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> That's because the data is unknown - and could apply to any of the
> rrd should the collection routine stop for any reason.
<snip>

On Wed, 21 May 2008 09:51:51 +0200
Erik de Mare <erik at oezie.org> wrote:

> Check for unknown, or use rrdtool 1.3.x there is a function to all
> NAN's tot good values.
> some thing like this.
> kbin1,UN,0,kbin1,IF,kbin2,UN,0,kbin2,IF,kbin3,UN,0,kbin3,IF,+,+

Thanks Simon & Erik. Your solution works perfectly. The rpn
expression method is totally new for me so it probably took me weeks
before finding this out :-) (although next time I need to read the
manual better:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/tut/cdeftutorial.en.html#IChanging_unknown_into_zero

Two thumbs up for your quick reponse.

--