[rrd-users] RRD different architecture

alix-r r.ty at rbty.de
Tue Nov 18 22:18:28 CET 2008

Hello ,

Thanks to all who answered.

@ Tobi

I checked the transfered XML file by a XML editor on the XP PC. It seems the
editor can
load the file without problems, at least I didn't get an error during the
load procedure.

Look at here, that's the start of the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE rrd SYSTEM "http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/rrdtool.dtd">
	<step> 60 </step> <!-- Seconds -->
	<lastupdate> 1227037185 </lastupdate> <!-- 2008-11-18 20:39:45 CET -->

	<ds>
		<name> rob_raum </name>
		<type> GAUGE </type>
		<minimal_heartbeat> 120 </minimal_heartbeat>
		<min> 0.0000000000e+00 </min>
		<max> 8.0000000000e+01 </max>

		<!-- PDP Status -->
		<last_ds> 20.6875 </last_ds>
		<value> 9.3366880856e+02 </value>
		<unknown_sec> 0 </unknown_sec>
	</ds>

The data of the RRD can also be seen afterwards.

Therefore I have doubts that the XML file has been damaged anyhow.

Any  idea ?

Thanks a lot

Robert (alix-r)