[rrd-users] PHP bindings for rpm-based system

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Sun Nov 30 03:02:49 CET 2008

Hey Karl,

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Karl Fischer wrote:

>>> Why do people continue to point people to the DAG repository which
>>> seems to be way outdated for me. I'm constantly looking for new
>>> rrdtool*rpms, but this place hasn't been updated over a year now ...
>>> Isn't there anything newer than that?

>> There will be tomorrow. ;-)  What version(s) do you want?

> Well, what I would love to have is the very last version of the 1.2 tree
> (1.2.28 + patch with the xport function fixed) as well as a recent 1.3.*
> all for CentOS 4 PS: I'm not only talking 'bout the php-bindings, but
> the entire rrdtool

I have the latest 1.3.* stuff built for CentOS 5 and the latest Fedora
Core already -- I'll try do so some back-porting to RHEL/CentOS 4, also.
Last I built these for someone was a few weeks ago, and I remember there
were some compat issues on RHEL/CentOS 4 with the latest 1.3.* sources.
I'll take another look at that and see if I can't get it all packaged up.

I just recently started following the rrdtool list recently, largely in
part due to a new project over here -- perhaps you could help me to better
understand the differences between the 1.2.* and 1.3.* branches?  Is there
a stable/development differentiation between the branches in versioning?

--
William R. Lorenz