[rrd-users] How to find first valid dp in rrd - repost - where arethe experts?

Simon Hobson simon at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 20:41:57 CET 2008

Just tossing an idea up in the air - it either flies or gets shot
down ! Bear with me, I'm off with flu at the moment so not thinking
100%

Could you do a cdef along the lines of :

t=if (prev(t) is unknown AND d is not unknown) then t=time(d) else t=unknown.

This should, if I'm switched on enough, work through the data, and
set t to the timestamp of the first sample where the data is unknown.
For the initial data both prev(t) and d will be unknown and so t will
stay as unknown. Once the data is known, then prev(t) will cease to
be unknown and no further updates will happen.

That's assuming the functions required are available - I'll leave
someone else to work that out.
--
Simon Hobson