[rrd-users] rrdtool hangs on mipsel linux

Vladimir Berezhnoy non7top at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 00:46:44 CET 2008

I've noticed that some apps which use rrdtool hang on my system. After some
digging I've found that rrdtool hangs even on simple operations like
creating database with high cpu usage.
My system hardware is Asus wl500gPv1, firmware is modified Tomato
# uname -a
Linux r 2.4.20 #35 Thu Oct 30 13:40:51 CET 2008 mips GNU/Linux

# rrdtool ---version
RRDtool 1.2.27  Copyright 1997-2008 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
               Compiled Feb 20 2008 07:41:59

I believe that it is somehow related to this particular firmware as it was
working before with different one. I wonder if I it is possible to track
down what causes rrdtool to hang, maybe some system setting or sthg like
that. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
And I'm attaching the strace log (rrdtool hangs on last line forever).

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20592134/rrdtool.txt rrdtool.txt