[rrd-users] problem with a network interface counter

Geoff Garside geoff.garside at openhosting.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 13:39:44 CEST 2008

Does your router support 64bit counters? I believe they are

In Octets: 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.6
Out Octets: 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10

this sounds like the interface is doing a lot of traffic and therefor
overflowing the maximum 32-bit value of a normal SNMP Counter. It
depends what collector you are using how you would overcome this so
check the docs for your collector.

Regards,
Geoff