[rrd-users] Rrd Resize Generated a very Big File on MAX OS X (10.5)

Xiu Yan Zhang xyzhang at salesforce.com
Thu Oct 16 07:59:40 CEST 2008

Rows=66400 and step=60

Look to me no problem with GROW but SHRINK.   SHRINK any number of rows will create a big resize.rrd.

See below as well - the output from rrdtool info.

Jeffrey ( sorry for the big previous email.  I removed the log in this reply)

-------

rrd_version = "0003"
step = 60
last_update = 1224136140
ds[Delta].type = "GAUGE"
ds[Delta].minimal_heartbeat = 7200
ds[Delta].min = NaN
ds[Delta].max = NaN
ds[Delta].last_ds = "0"
ds[Delta].value = 0.0000000000e+00
ds[Delta].unknown_sec = 0
rra[0].cf = "AVERAGE"
rra[0].rows = 66400
rra[0].cur_row = 1594
rra[0].pdp_per_row = 1
rra[0].xff = 5.0000000000e-01
rra[0].cdp_prep[0].value = NaN
rra[0].cdp_prep[0].unknown_datapoints = 0