[rrd-users] Time format

Peter Meszaros pme at prolan.hu
Wed Oct 22 11:46:10 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I just have created an rrdtool database with '--start 0' for evaluating
purpouse, but the timestamps in the database are not counted since the epoch.
I've also tried several other solutions (eg. "00:00 19700101"), but I
only got useless error "question":

ERROR: start time: did you really mean month 19700101?

No, I meant what I wrote!

I've read manpages and the rrd_parsetime.c. The latter is much more
informative, and if I'm not wrong the "00:00 19700101" should work, but
not.

Is it possible to give the Epoch as starting time?
So many "human time-expression" (teatime wow!) is implemented except [Ee]poch.

I am using rrdtool 1.3.1.

Thanks in advance.

--
Meszaros Peter