[rrd-users] RRDtool 1.3.2 released (MAJOR BUGFIX!)
tobi at oetiker.ch
Sat Sep 6 18:25:46 CEST 2008
I have just released a MAJOR bug-fix release for the rrdtool 1.3.x
series. This fixes a data corruption bug, so I urge everyone to
get your copy
* When running rrdtool update with multiple updates in one go and
MMAP enabled, there was a data corruption bug at wrap around.
See http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/ticket/178 for details
Thanks to Kevin Brintnall
* Forward ported rra cur_row randomization patch from rrdtool
1.2.28 (it got lost in development).
* Contrary to the documentation imginfo did return the full path
of the image and not only the file name.
* Make --lazy mode work even when PRINT commands are present.
* Fix Ruby Bindings memory leak.
* Fix compilation on solaris 2.8
* Fix a ton of memory leaks in rrd_create and some in rrd_tool as
well. Based on valgrind analysis by Sven Engelhardt. Thanks!
* Fix handling of error conditions in rrd_tool.c (errno is not the
* Text Strings entered in the current locale will automatically be
transformed to utf8 for proper handling by Pango.
* Dramatically improved Pango Performance by introducing a static
fontmap. On my test system the persistent fontmap causes the
second graph with the same fonts in a single session to be
created about 0.18s faster than the first one. For a total graph
creation time of 0.21s this is a pretty substantial improvement.
With this patch, performance for the second graph is back to
1.2.x levels or even better.
Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900
More information about the rrd-users