[rrd-users] Rolling SUM of GAUGE only works for 24h interval

bb bernhard.baptist at infineon.com
Mon Sep 8 23:22:15 CEST 2008

Hi there

I try to setup an CDEF which sum up all data from time interval actually
plotted.

rrd definition:
- step=300
DS:my_data:GAUGE:1200:U:U
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:6000

as far as I understand this should grant to keep each value for ~20 days.

the CDEF is:
CDEF:my_sum=PREV,UN,0,PREV,IF,my_data,+

rrd is tpically updated every 5min but due tu runtime issues update might be
vary for +/-30sec

As long as the plotted time intervall is smaller 24hours everything is fine.
Data and Plot seems to be correct.

But if I try longer intervalls eg. 2or3 days result is much smaller than
expected.

http://baptist-family.dyndns.org/content/view/65/182/ Here is a link to the
plot Iam talking about

Any idea about this ?