[rrd-users] rrdtool 1.3.2 segmentation fault on rrdgraph

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Thu Sep 11 13:23:47 CEST 2008

Today René GARCIA wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> Yes, the perl module 1.3.2 was rebuilt and installed. There is no core
> dump, maybe I have to enable something in perl command line to have a core
> file.

Hi René,

to get a coredump, you have to set the core file size to unlimited

ulimit -c unlimited

prior to launching the perl script

> I will write a small perl script that creates a single graph from an
> existing RRD with the same options as in my application.

if you can make is so that it even 'creates' and 'updates' the rrd
file before this would make it even simpler to reproduce ...

and better still, if you could make it so that the program runs
with commandline rrdtool graph then ... :-)

cheers
tobi