[rrd-users] date/time stamp on rrd databases not updating w/ 1.33

bluesk da_audiophile at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 09:46:23 CEST 2008

Running debian here and have been using the rrdtool from apt-get
debian/stable (version 1.2.15).

If I do a ls -lt on my database dir now that I've upgraded to 1.33 of
rrdtool, the output shows that despite updates of my data (I see this in the
graphs), the DT stamp on the rrd files do not change.

Example, I have a script that runs every 5 min and updating the .rrd
databases. Again, I know data is getting written to the files because my
graphs are changing accordingly.  Here is example output:

$ ls -lt /db/rrdw/
total 1596
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 71584 Sep 15 16:37 dew.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 71584 Sep 15 16:37 felt.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 71584 Sep 15 16:37 hi.rrd

The last time the db's got updated was 3:45 this morning (Sep 16) yet I
still see Sep 15 16:37.

Thoughts?