[rrd-users] RE need help with a graph

Cyrille Bollu Cyrille.Bollu at fedasil.be
Thu Sep 25 15:36:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

Can you post a rrddinfo of your .rrd file?

Best regards,

Cyrille

LÉVAI Dániel <leva at ecentrum.hu>
Envoyé par : rrd-users-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch
25/09/2008 15:09

rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch
cc

Objet
[rrd-users] need help with a graph

Hi!

I need some help with a simple graph. To be honest, I don't really
understand rrdtool, but I'm trying... really. :)

So, I have a working mrtg configuration, which gets data from an snmpd,
and then creates an rrd file.The mrtg script runs every one minute.
 From this rrd file I want to create a graph.
I'm doing this:
/usr/local/bin/rrdtool graph cpu.png --imgformat PNG --end now --start
now-259200s --width 1000 --title CPU DEF:ds0a=janos_cpu.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
LINE1:ds0a#0000FF

After this I get this graph:
http://leva.ecentrum.hu/cpu.png

My problem with this graph is that it has low resolution (for me).
I get the data every one minute, but in the graph it only shows one unit
per half an hour. Is it possible to make it show one unit per one
minute, or at least smaller than half an hour?
I hope I make sense :)

Thanks!

Daniel

--