[rrd-users] Can't open perl script "base.t"

Rusty Peterson srpeterson at ca.rr.com
Wed Apr 15 03:19:22 CEST 2009

Greetings all,

I am new to all of this, and it is fairly overwhelming. I have had MRTG
2.16.2 running since October with no problems, so it has been decided to
integrate RRDTool. From what I have been able to understand, version 1.2.30
is the latest version that currently runs in an NT environment. Is this
correct?

I would rather use a more recent build but I am unable to open the .tar and
.gz compressions.

I am recieving this error when attempting to install RRDTool 1.2.30 on Win
XP.

Perl has been uninstalled and reinstalled, and I even downloaded the RRDTool
zip package again.

D:\>install.cmd

RRD module for activestate perl 5.8.x

-------------------------------------

Error: no suitable installation target found for package RRDs.

Press any key to continue . . .

Can't open perl script "base.t": No such file or directory

Press any key to continue . . .

I followed the following instructions from the README-X86-NT file

how to install

            - first of all, you must have a working Perl 5.8
(http://www.activestate.com)

            - go in the perl-shared directory and type

                        ppm install rrds.ppd

            - the other application (rrdtool.exe, rrdcgi.exe) are usable as
is.

Any Suggestions?