[rrd-users] Extracting single values using rrdtool

Bredi Bredehorn at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 16:10:56 CEST 2009

 The problem is that I get a list of values over the last hour as
opposed to a single value representing the average over the hour.

You can get one value if you use 'rrdtool xport' with the same start and endtime.
Using 'rrdtool last' will give you the latest update time. You can use this time for the 'rrdtool xport' but you have to substract the step in second of your database. I'm sorry but I don't know why you have to do this. ;-)
This disatvantage of this procedure is to parse the xport output with an XML tool.

Best regards, Bredi.