[rrd-users] How to graph delta from last

Niobe ben.carbery at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 02:34:25 CEST 2009

So it seems DEVICE is definitely what I want. It will show me how the file
changes with time and also correct for missed polls.

I initially wanted the height of the graph to represent how much the file
change in the last polling interval. So at a glance you can see "50MB in the
last five minutes". If I multiply by 300 the shape of the graph won't
change, but values won't be as correct if there were missed polls or the 300
second interval varied a bit. I just have to weigh these facts up.

Thanks for the assistance, my understanding of rrdtool is slightly improved!