[rrd-users] graphv and Image::Magick::BlobToImage

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Aug 7 17:57:27 CEST 2009

Hi Benny,

Today Benny Baumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 05.08.2009 15:03, schrieb Tobias Oetiker:
> > Today Fabien Wernli wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Fabien,

> >> Yes it works perfectly, I just tried it!
> >>
> > ;-) I hope you didn't expect anthing less  :-)
> >
> > cheers
> > tobi
> >
> The graphv function is another case where in-memory transfers would be
> nice-to-have for the API as suggested for the rrd_dump function (using a
> callback). See the recent discussion on my API addition suggestion end
> of July.

the info interface is rather different to the rrd_dump interface
... have you had a look at it ... you do basically get a memory
pointer ...

note that compared to the time spent compressing the image (which
one might want to disable when continuing to process) the memcpy is
rather negligable ...

cheers
tobi