[rrd-users] RRDtool Pipe Transaction Delimiter

Larry Adams larryjadams at comcast.net
Mon Aug 10 17:31:12 CEST 2009

All,

I am writing a function in PHP that opens a bi-directional process to
rrdtool using the syntax:

rrdtool -

As everyone is pretty much aware, this open a pipe that can receive
commands from standard in and echo back on standard out.

However, I wanted to confirm what character steam should be used to
confirm that an entire package has been received from the rrdtool pipe.
At the moment, I am using either of the following two substring matches:

"OK"
"ERROR"

Is this sufficient?  Are there any other substring matches that tell me
that the command has completed?

Thanks in Advance,

Larry Adams
TheWitness @