[rrd-users] Upgrade from 1.2.19 to 1.3.8

Philippe RIVART privart at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 11 21:34:28 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I installed rrdtool 1.2.19 on a solaris 9 server and gathered data.

Now this server has to be migrated to RH5 Linux, rrdtool 1.3.8.

I tried to dump rrd files with rrdtool dump (1.2.19) command on solaris 9
and then rrdtool restore (1.3.8 then) on RH5.

So far so well, old datas where graphed, no problem.

But new datas that are polled since have the NaN value. I deleted all
dumped/restore rrd files, then updates are well done, but I lost the old
datas gathered so far.

Is there a way to have both, AND the old datas AND the newest ?

Many thanks in advance,