[rrd-users] Can you have an CDEF area fill the Y autorange axis?

Marc MERLIN marc_rrd at merlins.org
Thu Dec 3 08:46:25 CET 2009

Is it possible to draw an area that automatically fills the Y autoscale the
graph already has? In my case I'm trying to show when the HVAC system
reports on but I don't want to increase the Y axis.
If I use area 0 - 70, it goes all the way down to 0 and if I guess 40-70
it's a bit better, but really I don't wan to guess, I'd rather just fill the
area.

http://marc.merlins.org/tmp/test1.jpg
http://marc.merlins.org/tmp/test2.jpg

I have:
DEF:h="/var/lib/cacti/rra/housetemp_17.rrd":Corridor_HVAC:AVERAGE \
CDEF:cdefdf=h,1,EQ,70,40,IF \
(...)
AREA:cdefdf#FF000033:"Main HVAC"

I also tried both cacti extensions
cdef=h,1,EQ,CURRENT_GRAPH_MAXIMUM_VALUE,CURRENT_GRAPH_MINIMUM_VALUE,IF
and
cdef=h,1,EQ,CURRENT_DS_MAXIMUM_VALUE,CURRENT_DS_MINIMUM_VALUE,IF
but neither did what I was looking for.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc