[rrd-users] Performance over NFS

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 11:05:47 CET 2009

Tobias Oetiker wrote:

>try disabeling mmap io

Am I right in thinking that's a compile time option ? Also, is mmap
one of the feature that appeared in 1.3 - so version 1.2.15 won't be
using it. Does mmap on the hosting side (rrdtool updating the file)
have an effect ?

>also try exporting nfs with the async option ... less of a data
>integrity guarantee, but it should be faster ...

As I read the man page, that'll only affect writes. I've exported the
directory as read-only - and it doesn't appear to have any effect.

--
Simon Hobson