[rrd-users] Question about averaging daily ; but with 5 min. steps

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 23:28:32 CET 2009

2009/12/15 Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl>:
> It still does. Else you would understand that this 'problem' is no different
> from having bits (or megabytes) in your database and using CDEF and GPRINT
> to display the average, after being multiplied by 86400, to get the amount
> of bits (or megabytes) in a day.

You still obviously haven't read my original post in what I'm trying
to achieve :(

> If the average is 1J/s (== 1W), and if you multiply by 86400s, you can cross
> out the 's' units and end up with 86400J. And if you input kWh instead of J,
> you end up with kWh instead of J. Which is what you ask for.

No, this is not what I'm asking for at all... Why are you so convinced
I'm having an issue converting Watts over time in Wh ?

Did you look at what I'm graphing ?
http://htpc.avenard.org/power/

As you can see that, I have no problem drawing the kWh usage on my
system (or could be MJ but that's irrelevant)...

The problem is calculating the way electric company will calculate
their FIT (feed-in-tarif) ; those are based on 5 minutes average but I
want to plot a daily average of 5 minutes average of that. I currently
use a RPN calculation in a CDEF to calculate the value.
No issue with average or calculating the total...