[rrd-users] display graphs generated with python bindings in html

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Tue Dec 15 00:55:26 CET 2009

On 15/12/09 Jean-Yves Avenard said:

> You should have a look at the pylons framework ; which let you do
> stuff like that quite easily.
>
> Otherwise, you can't modify html headers directly, as least not as
> easily as with PHP

If this is Django then I must disagree. Modifying the headers is trivial.

I would not rely on rrdtool to send http headers, capture the output of
rrdtool in a buffer in memory, and then customize your response object in
Django.

ie.

    response = HttpResponse(mimetype="image/jpg")
    response.write(buffer)
    return response

Not really an rrdtool question though.

Mike