[rrd-users] RRA calculated in GMT

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 20:23:19 CET 2009

Robert Hagens wrote:

>I am feeding my data into an rrd using time based in MST (every 5
>minutes). I have an AVERAGE RRA defined to be 24 hours of data.
>However, it appears that the RRAs are calculated according to GMT.
>In other words, the RRA is calculated beginning midnight GMT. As a
>result the RRA has a combination of data from two days, when
>compared to the raw data. Has anyone encountered this? Should I just
>feed my data in using GMT?

Covered just last week :

https://lists.oetiker.ch/pipermail/rrd-users/2009-December/016129.html

You are correct, if you define a consolidation period of 24 hours,
then that will be days based on UTC. All periods in rrd are based
from midnight 1st Dec 1970 (unix epoch) and start an integer multiple
of the step time from then.

--
Simon Hobson