[rrd-users] How to Create the rrd that storeor update million of requests per second

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Sat Feb 14 04:54:56 CET 2009

Hi Kashif,

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Kashif Qazi wrote:

>>> I have to store each request data to rrd database. the request
>>> granularity can be more or less than one million hits per second. can
>>> rrd support granularity in milli/micro seconds.

Based on your email, there seems to be no need for milli/micro resolution,
unless you're doing ADC sampling or something similar, which you are not.

> 1) How much time the request takes on average for each: minute, hour,
>    work day (6am-8pm), day (24 hour), week, month
>
> That's not a million per second, is it?
> yes it is not million request for the above required report. but i have
> records of requests that hit my site that may be million.

No, not a million per second;  simply many records you have to analyze.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_table

>>> 5) When am I having requests > 1000ms? < 5000ms?  What is associated
>>>    with these? Certain times of day? Certain traffic volumes?

> My requirements are given below.

That's asking a lot, is it not? :-)  An intelligent Perl or VS C# app (for
Excel integration, as you mentioned) may be more beneficial for you there.

I don't know that a "plug-and-play" solution will solve this for you.

--
William R. Lorenz