[rrd-users] (no subject)

thierry.faidherbe at skynet.be thierry.faidherbe at skynet.be
Mon Feb 16 10:18:25 CET 2009

Hello,
I am writing a perl tool that collects and graphs storage usage
based on discovered fielsystems (Unix/Windows).
Unfortunately, I cannot define the right creation setting to
build my rrd dbs
At time being, I use :
\"RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600 RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700 RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775 RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797\";
What I would like to achieve is, on paper, very simple but
I cannot settle right one :
1) At least once a day, the db should be updated with collected value.
Update time may be different from a day to another.
2) If more than 1 update per day, the biggest value must be
kept.
3)Data has to be graphed on month and year scale.
Any idea(s) how to create the rrd dbs to achieve this ?
Thanks for inputs
Thierry